Graded Motor Imagery Online
|Teilnehmerzahl: Maximal: 20||Typ: Kurs||Sprache: Englisch,|
|Preis Mitglieder: 400.00 CHF||Preis Nichtmitglieder: 450.00 CHF||Anmeldeschluss: Freitag, 19. Februar 2021|
|1. Tag am:||Samstag, 20. Februar 2021||09:30 - 16:30|
|2. Tag am:||Sonntag, 21. Februar 2021||09:30 - 16:30|
Graded Motor Imagery (GMI) is an evidence based, graded, brain training programme which accesses the virtual body in the brain. It is useful for a wide range of chronic pain states where the central nervous system may be up-regulated, including osteoarthritis, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, phantom pains and ‘non-specific’ spinal pains. It gives new hope to many people in pain.
GMI involves the use of Apps, Flashcards, motor imagery, mirrors and Explain Pain education. In this course, participants are given the confidence and skills to use GMI immediately and to effectively integrate it into their current practice.
The course is structured around practical sessions supported by discussion of clinical applications.
At the end of the course, participants will:
- Understand the process of GMI and where it fits into an overall treatment programme,
- Be able to identify appropriate patients for GMI from both clinical presentations and research outcomes,
- Have knowledge of the scientific underpinnings of GMI,
- Have practical skills in using the three components of GMI.
- Be able to confidently translate learnt GMI skills to effective treatment applications.
- The course will be live and delivered via Zoom.
- Class sizes are kept small to maximise interaction and time for questions.
- NOI’s usual high quality.
- Comprehensive teaching materials will be provided.