Integrating Strength & Conditioning with the Rehabilitation of R
|Teilnehmerzahl: Mindestens: 15, Maximal: 25||Typ: Kurs||Sprache: Englisch,|
|Preis Mitglieder: 265.00 CHF||Preis Nichtmitglieder: 292.00 CHF||Anmeldeschluss: Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2020|
|1. Tag am:||Freitag, 26. Juni 2020||09:00 - 17:30|
Integrating Strength & Conditioning with the Rehabilitation of Runners
Do you want to reduce the injury risk of your runners? Do you want to improve their performance following rehab?
Participation in running is at an all time high. Running however, is a high-risk activity with an injury rate of up to 50 – 85 % during any 12 month period. Integrating strength and conditioning in the rehabilitation of runners can REDUCE injury risk and IMPROVE performance.
This highly practical course will give you the skills and knowledge to integrate strength and conditioning tools in the rehabilitation of injured runners. This one day course provides a unique opportunity to integrate an evidence based approach to injury prevention and performance enhancement in the management of running injuries.
There will be a particular focus on functional screening and movement analysis to guide S&C exercise prescription and progression. There will be special emphasis on assessment of running gait with discussion on running re-training, step rate (cadence) manipulation, mirror re-training and mobility drills to improve running economy.
Explore important strength and conditioning training principles to consider during assessment and rehabilitation of running injuries and integrate use of evidence based injury prevention tools as part of lower limb rehabilitation
Develop skills and clinical reasoning processes to apply S&C training methods in the late stage rehab of runners with practical case studies
Practical application of strength-endurance training, plyometrics, dynamic core stability, hip stabilisation, mobility drills and progression in runners.
Develop skills and clinical reasoning processes to apply running re-training interventions in the context of running related injuries.
During the course we will go in depth on the follwoing subjects:
- Overview of Running Injuries and Update on Current Research
- Functional Screening and Movement Analysis
- Practical - Runners Readiness Scale
- Practical - Movement Screening ( 3 Core Tests)
- Practical - Dynamic Differentiation Tests
- Principles of Strength and Conditioning
- Evidence based Injury Prevention for Runners
- Practical Strength and Conditioning
- Corrective Exercises – Movement Patterning
- Functional Strength Training for Runners
- Hip Stabilisation Exercises
- Subjective Special Qs
- Overuse Injuries in Runners
- Conditioning Strategies for Injury Prevention & Performance
- High Velocity Training
- Plyometrics & Medicine Ball Training for Speed and Power
- Dynamic Core Stability
- Interval Training
- Practical Considerations
- Integrating S&C with Running
- Dynamic Warm-up
- Biomechanics and Evidence Based Running Re-education
- Application of Running re-training
- Step-rate (Cadence) Manipulation
- Mirror Re-training
- Running Drills
- Reducing Injury Risk during S&C training
“Fantastic course - I have been able to integrate a lot of the assessment techniques and advanced exercises to a lot of my patients. A lot of the exercises are transferable to different patients. I feel like this course has really upped my enthusiasm for physio by taking it to the next level.”